Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter-A Time for New Beginnings



Today is Easter. It is the second Easter that the whereabouts of Ayla Reynolds are unknown. We don't know if she is out there celebrating Easter with someone other than her family or if her days of celebrating Easter are over.

Many of us associate Easter with the Easter Bunny, Egg Hunts, Ham Dinners with family, and Easter Baskets filled with giant chocolate bunnies, marshmallow Peeps, and that annoying fake grass that gets everywhere. I was baptized Catholic but do not attend church at all and although Easter is really a religious holiday it is something that too frequently gets overlooked by me and I am sure many others.

This year I am trying to look at Easter as what it really should be about, a time for new beginnings. A "Do Over" of sorts. It couldn't come at a better time of year, Spring is technically here even though there is still some snow on the ground outside and nights are still quite chilly but soon enough we will smell and see the grass, hear the birds again and see them building their nests. Flowers will begin to sprout. Cabin fever will be over and spirits renewed. I can't think of a better time to change what needs changing and to start over.

Personally, I have recognized that much in my life needs changing. The last three years were hard on me. I suffered the loss of my dad, my son's cancer has been relentless as well as his behavioral issues, financial issues, the loss of my job, moving, etc. Most people have appropriate coping skills and tackle issues one at a time, I lack proper coping skills. I instead shut down, shut out the world and immerse myself in something. In this case it was Ayla and what happened to her. It could have been worse, something self destructive so I am grateful that I was able to start blogging about Ayla and meeting some of the wonderful people I have met along the way.

So, I have taken this past month and recognized changes I need to make and what direction I want to take in my life and what I need to let go of in order to move on with my life. I am not abandoning Ayla's case although I know lately I haven't done many posts about her but that is because I started a new job and I am trying to balance work, family, and the blog. While doing some soul searching though it got me thinking of new beginnings and especially a fresh start for whomever knows what happened to Ayla.

It is likely more than one person is living with this giant secret about what happened to Ayla. This secret has to be eating at them, destroying them more and more the longer they hold on to it. I would like to think that one or even more of these people that are living with this secret are not a bad person or bad people but just got caught up in something and before they knew it were in too deep to turn back. Unfortunately they will not get the chance for a do over or be able to make a new start and better themselves or their lives or maybe even the lives of their children, if they have any, until they let this secret out. The knowledge of what happened to Ayla and the consequences of knowing what happened and not telling isn't going to go away no matter how long they stay silent. Eventually one of two things will happen, the truth will become known based on diligent police work and if for some awful reason the police never do break the case I can guarantee the guilt of living with a secret this big will eventually ruin the life of the person holding it and those loved ones that that person is surrounded by will be affected as well.



So, if you are reading this today and you know something or think you may know something, ANYTHING, that could help police find out the truth about what happened to Ayla or where Ayla is, I just ask that you think about how sometimes a fresh start is all someone needs to make things better in their lives and about second chances and it isn't too late to talk and to help right a wrong. Yes, there may be consequences to deal with for not coming out with the truth sooner but they won't be nearly as bad as if you never tell and the truth gets found out anyway and the police know you knew but didn't speak out when you had the chance. Use this day of new beginnings to save yourself and put an end to the misery that the many people who love Ayla are feeling today, who are missing her presence, who just want answers.



To everyone else, I wish you all a Happy Easter. I hope you are able to spend the day with your loved ones, hug your children a little tighter and be thankful for all that you have. I know I will be and it is not lost on me how truly lucky I am that I know where my children are and know that they are safe.


16 comments:

  1. Off Topic: Is there a way to disable the sound on this site? It's incredibly difficult to browse this page and still use the sound on my laptop because every time a page refreshes or I click on a link to a new page, the music blares again. I like to view this page at locations other than my home, but in order to, I either have to mute my system or keep pushing stop on the music player. It's frustrating, especially for those of us who might like to pop in while we're at work and not have music blaring in the background for everyone to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Jeff had removed the song or set it up that it only plays when you press play bit when I went on using google chrome I noticed it played automatically. I will email Jeff and see if he can fix or remove it.

      Delete
  2. I thought this was a wonderful post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Tori and family! And Happy Easter to Ayla and her family. I hope someone speaks out for Ayla soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Tori. There are times we all have to take a look at our lives, where we are, where we have been and decide where we want to go. One task at a time, gets the job done nicely.

    As for the song, it does not automatically play. Even if one goes to the post with the song, you have click on it to play. I downloaded it to my computer, so I can listen and laugh at it over and over. But that's my sense of humor.

    If one goes to www.aylareynolds.com a song plays automatically. But not here.

    Happy Easter all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tori, thank you for allowing me to post on this site. I appreciate the fact that you are not allowing anyone to bash me. I wish John P would take the same approach.

    I hope you don't take this as an attack, because it isn't. John has me blocked from viewing or commenting at U4A. This doesn't mean I am not apprised of what is going on. I would like to let him know that allowing others (and encouraging) to lie about me on his blog is illegal and against the terms of service he agreed to as owner of the blog.

    Here is a very good site on "internet defamation" and how to prove it.

    Remarks were made today that I use statement analysis incorrectly. I use statement analysis according to the principles of SCAN, the same as Peter Hyatt.

    If they have proof I have been incorrect, I would ask that they bring the matter to my attention so that I may correct any mistake and apologize. Simply claiming I am wrong is libelous in my opinion.

    Thank you for giving me a place to speak without fear of ridicule and retaliation. As we have all said time and time again, we are all entitled to our own opinions, no matter how different they may be.

    Grace Wilson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.traverselegal.com/internet-defamation/category/defamation/

      Delete
    2. "John has me blocked from viewing or commenting at U4A."

      It is a public site. You may be blocked from commenting but you can't be blocked from viewing...lol.

      Delete
    3. Anon 4:15pm, If a person owns a domain name and site, they have the tools to block a ip address totally. Which means that a particular ip address may be blocked from viewing and commenting. There is no "public" site, unless it's a government site. All sites have owners and like the owners of a newspaper, the owners can control how their domain is used. So, while I have no idea if Grace is blocked from viewing, it is possible. Of course, a proxy ip address can solve that, but only until the proxy ip is blocked.

      Delete
    4. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
    5. Everything is libelous to grace...jeez lady get over yourself

      Delete
  6. Happy 3rd Birthday, Ayla Bell <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could wish you a Happy 3rd Birthday Ayla, but the person(people) that know where you are prevent everyone from wishing you a happy birthday. Only they know whether you are happy, alive or already gone. They keep that secret amongst themselves and laugh at everyone who prays for you. They do not love you Ayla, nor do they care about anyone except themselves. They are selfish and very sick /sad people to keep what happened to you a secret. Shame on them. But, they can know this, we won't give up on you Ayla, even though they don't care about you. WE DO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen, Anon 5:41! The people in that house who know what happened to Ayla must have threadbare consciences. More likely they figure "Meh. We can't bring her back, so why should any of us have to suffer for something unintended?"

    It was so much easier just to throw her away rather than own up to what really happened to Ayla on Violette Avenue. Kids are so replaceable, anyway, right?

    The neighbors on that street as profiled in today's Sentinel care more about Ayla than her own paternal family. Not a word out of them about Ayla.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there! I could have sworn I've visited this web site before but after looking at a few of the posts I realized it's new to me.
    Anyways, I'm definitely happy I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking
    it and checking back frequently!

    Here is my blog post; Christian Louboutin Discount

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.

    Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

    Have a look at my web page Cheap Christian Louboutin Shoes

    ReplyDelete