Thursday, May 31, 2012

LNM: Putting a Rest to the Rumors

This is a comment left by LostNMissing on the blog earlier this morning that I felt warranted a post. At times when our articles get to the point of 200-comments (and a newer article has since been posted), the Readers don't always pay attention to comments left (as they don't always see them due to browser glitches). This was an important issue discussed yesterday to many on the comment threads, and to those that participated in this topic, this is important.


LostNMissing, IncMay 31, 2012 7:32 AM
I would like to "put to rest" the donation rumors and also address the comment by the anonymous person who stated she saw Amanda take $20 for a t-shirt. That did not happen. It is sad when people will say anything to cast a negative light on others. That is malicious and cruel. Amanda was not a seller of products, nor did she take money. All money was accounted for.

The monies collected was monitored and done by 2 family members and a representative of LostNMissing. LNM sold bracelets donated and that money was also turned over to Ayla's Fund. LNM donated pizza for the event and anyone that wanted to give a donation for a slice was welcome to, and if they didn't have money to donate..they still could have pizza. Some donated a dollar, others a quarter and others received pizza with no donation. It was optional. That money was also turned over to Ayla's Fund.

For people asking, monies previously donated went towards the purchase of the tshirts, buttons, and bracelets. No vendor would donate tshirts. For the poster who stated that places ALWAYS donate tshirts imprinted with missing loved ones free..PLEASE contact me as I have many families of missing who would love to receive free tshirts. NEVER have we found ANY tshirt place to donate. We always pay for them, or make them ourselves. So please...email me the names of the companies, or vendors, who will do t-shirts at a discounted nonprofit rate or free. I can assure you I have a team that continually calls around and we've yet in 4 years to find any place...not even in the towns where the loved one goes missing.

Jeff Hanson has always stated that monies collected for Ayla goes towards the search efforts. This includes the t-shirts, hats, buttons, bracelets and whatever items the family has chosen to purchase to help bring awareness. He has always graciously thanked all who have donated.

Many billboard companies have been contacted since the WEEK Ayla went missing. Some have been wonderful and have donated billboards, others have not responded. We know for sure of 4 billboards (photos and locations listed on www.aylareynolds.com) that my organization was able to secure for Ayla. Keep in mind, the State of Maine does NOT have billboards. They do not allow them. There are no billboards on the highways or the turnpike as Maine wants to keep it "ad free" due to the beauty of the drive. If TLLOM was able to secure 60-70 billboards across the country, that is commendable for those agencies that graciously donated them. I wish more billboard companies would follow suit and also donate for our missing adults who are the most "neglected" by the media. It is important, however, that when a billboard company donates a billboard to list the location so that it can be mentioned in press releases and the public can be aware as to where to look to see the billboards. A newly hung billboard garners media attention. I would suggest to TTLOM that they contact the media and disclose those locations so that a media press release can be done. That is what is needed. The more media and press involved, the more info to the public...the more apt that someone with needed answers will come forward.

Thank you for letting me post such a long post.

Respectfully,

Cynthia Caron
President/Founder
LostNMissing Inc

31 comments:

  1. Wow. Very professional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, initials are the preferred reference, per yesterday's comment issues.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it should be, LSM. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I replied in the other thread. I'll just copy and paste it, so I don't have to retype it:

    Kit May 31, 2012 8:19 AM

    LNM, Thank you for all you do and have done to help spread awareness for Ayla, and of course all missing people.

    I'm sorry that you have been wrongfully attacked, belittled and bullied, for doing nothing but trying to help spread awareness and bring Ayla home, and provide some emotional support for Ayla's Mother.

    Jeff previously explained where donations were going. The cruel behavior towards Trista, Jeff, you, LNM, LRC, and anyone else, who truly cares for Ayla is so heartless.

    Yes, TLLOM should publicly thank the billboard company for providing SO much of their space. Not only because the company itself should be recognized for such generosity, but it would be a great opportunity to bring wide spread awareness of Ayla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kit. Also, TLLOM did publicly thank the billboard company that provided billboards. I believe I saw that on the FB page along with a photo.

      Delete
    2. They thank you with a knife in your back. Yikes

      Delete
  7. ITA Kit! The attacking, complaining, bullying+ other illegal demeanor of said sites is just simple individuals, with holes where a soul should be, trying to distract readers from the TRUTH- which they CHOOSE to ignore.

    God Bless the readers/ writers on this site, Jeffs and Statement Analysis!

    God help the others w/o souls...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia-Are there any billboards up in NH or MA? I think these would be great spots:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In MA there is a wall mural on SignsByJ in Dorchester, Ma who graciously donated their time in making the wall mural and hanging it on the backside of their building which faces I-93. No places have offered to do billboards in New England, except NY and NJ:( Sad....and we've contacted all of the major billboard companies.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Cynthia for all you and your organization have done and will do for the Reynolds/Hansons! I saw a post the other day about grief counseling for Trista and her family. I hope this has already been recommended and provided but if not can you suggest it for the family. With the release of the news today, I feel so deeply sorry for thier family and hope and pray they can remain strong and firm in thier fight for answers! Thank You Again!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for replying Cynthia, that is sad to hear.

      Delete
  9. I will also agree with Cynthia's assessment for T-shirts. I worked for Non-profit organizations for over 12 years (prior to my current job) and in all that time we never found any T-shirt company that would donate T-shirts. We always paid for T-shirts for all our events. When I was with Special Olympics, we used T-shirts for every event and that was a LOT of T-shirts.

    If there is a place that will donate T-shirts for free to Missing Children efforts, someone should give that company name to Cynthia. - KJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not bashing Cynthia at all, as I think what they do for raising awareness is commendable, but even LNM isn't consistent on the number given. Based on a news article a few months back it was 9 billboards. Which is great if that is the case!

      "When Ayla disappeared the New Hampshire-based group Lost N Missing reached out to her family.

      The leader of the group says they're continuing to get Ayla's name in the news across the nation even though police say she was not kidnapped.

      The group recently put up eight billboards in Philadelphia and one near the Meadowlands in New Jersey to help spread the word and is working to get billboards in Boston and New Hampshire."

      I really wish this site and the other one would stop all the bickering and name-calling. It really isn't doing Ayla any good. It was posted a little while ago, that talking about JSTL would be forbidden, but apparently that didn't last long. (I am not referring to this particular blog post as I understand why LNM made a rebuttal post. I'm talking in general.) Don't keep adding fuel to the fire and it will eventually burn out. JMO

      Delete
    2. Those words were from a reporter and may not allways be accurate. that many billboards may have been put up by LNM but there are MANY missing children and adults.
      Cynthia says that 4 had been secured for Ayla. She has listed the locations.
      I do not believe anyone here forbade others from going to any site but may have been suggested.

      Delete
    3. It wasn't just a mis-quote from a reporter. It is stated on LMN's website as well (http://thelostnmissing.blogspot.com/2011/12/ayla-reynolds-20-months-missing-toddler.html). Like I said, I hope it really was 9 billboards. That would be great! I was just responding to how TLLOM could get the number wrong.

      And I never said that "anyone here forbade others from going to any site." I said discussing JSTL here at JFA was supposed to be stopped and that posts would be deleted. (Refer to JFA's blog post titled "Time to Refocus") I personally think that would be a great idea. Forget JSTL and focus our energy into finding Ayla. JMO

      Delete
    4. Sorry annon I miss read what you said about forbidding.....

      Delete
    5. No worries, Chicky! My feeling is we would all be better off if we just ignored what was said on other sites. It just causes problems and muddies the waters.

      Delete
    6. Actually it was 8 and a building mural. My apologies. I think that is where the 9 came from. It was 4 that we had recently for another missing loved one in Texas.

      Delete
  11. Thank you Cynthia for taking the time to respond here. I find it sad that people cannot simply ask in a respectfull manner if they have a question rather than people having to defend against lies and trouble makers.
    I think the most important message here is that if info concerning the billboards is kept, "secret" how can that help Ayla?
    Media coverage is critical to reach the largest percent of the public so hiding the locations simply makes no sense to me at all if the desired outcome is to find Ayla.
    I would go to TLLOM and ask the question but the group is, "secret", and, I am sure they are aware that people want to know so the word can be spread to every town, city, and state through increased media coverage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't understand why my comments are even getting posted? If you have new rules, please share them with everyone instead of us looking at "this has been removed by a blog adminstrator." Grace is the only one I have ever seen delete posts and it's super irritating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bride: Please email j4a_guestposts@yahoo.com and we can fill you in as best we can.

      Delete
    2. The Bride I apologize, I am not good at the moderation and I am highly upset today, and I am publishing comments I don't want to, deleting comments I shouldn't, and generally making a mess. I am sure when Jyl gets back it will be all straightened out.

      Delete
  13. I am very grateful this was posted as a article. I am glad I did not miss this.

    I did not believe that Amanda was keeping any money but it is so good to see the facts stated by someone trustworthy who no one with common sense would argue with about this. The amount of time wasted on false allegations and people having to defend what really is the truth, because some people need the facts twisted and muddied up is very sad and destructive.

    I have never worked for any organization trying to get shirts donated, however, when I was researching if there was a company that would do that, I saw notices up on all the websites stating that they do not sell at cost for fund raising/charity. Or something like that - it was a while ago.

    Anyway I appreciate all the information in the article making all the facts clear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grace4AylaMay 31, 2012 4:28 PM

    (((HUGS))) Yes it was a pretty sh*tty day!
    I am presuming, but, if I am right or wrong, what ever it is, (((HUGS))) and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh and don't publish that if you don't want to

    ReplyDelete