Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Investigation Part 1


After some comtemplation and encouragement from some of the posters, I am not going to shut down the blog. Sure, maybe Justin and Trista and some others are upset but I would think they have more important things to worry about instead of what I post in my blog. This story is EVERYWHERE. People are posting about it all over the media outlets, other blogs, facebook and who knows where else. I learned a long time ago that I am never going to make everybody happy no matter what I do and I am not going to bother trying. I also do not have to explain myself or make excuses for myself. If you don't agree with me, don't like the fact that I chose do to an online blog, don't think I have a clue or think I am just looking for fame or attention please don't read it. It is as simple as that and again, for the hundredth time to those of you who keep missing it, I DO NOT HAVE INSIDER KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT HAPPENED TO AYLA, I DO NOT KNOW JUSTIN PERSONALLY. No matter how many times I say it, people just don't seem to be hearing it.


Justin DiPietro called 911 the morning of 12/17/11 to report his daughter missing. She was discovered missing at 8:50 am. As one commenter already stated, people were already talking about her being missing before it was reported to the police. Did Justin call all of his friends before calling the police? Police petitioned the court to keep the transcript of the call private and not release it to the media. Why? Do the police plan to submit it as evidence? If that is what they are planning to do then the police must think Justin is involved in the crime or did he name someone that he thought took her? I find it more likely that police think he is involved in the crime but that is just me and what do I know?

After Ayla was reported missing, the whole community pulled together and spent hours searching for this little girl. They knocked on the neighbor's doors, drained ponds and lowered rivers. Justin did not participate in any of the searches nor did his family. He claimed later he was too distraught. Trista Reynolds said her family was told to stay in Portland. To Trista's credit, she did what she could to keep Ayla's name in the papers and on the news. She faced reporters head on knowing that she would be ripped apart because of her stint in rehab. I commend her for that. Justin doesn't release his first statement until 12/20/11 and it is only a written statement.


On 12/22/2011 Crime scene tape was placed around the DiPietro home, vehicles had been seized and searched. One belonging to Justin and the other to an unidentified family friend, we now know that other vehicle belonged to Courtney Roberts, Justin's girlfriend. Courtney has not been interviewed and the only pictures we have seen of her are from her pregnancy blog. There have been rumors that she hightailed it to Florida but there is no confirmation of that. I find it unlikely that the police would allow someone so closely involved in the case to leave the state.

Everyone was hoping this little girl would be home in time for Christmas and I cannot imagine how hard of a Christmas it must have been for all involved. It took the joy right out of mine. Ayla was always in the back of our minds. Investigators worked through the holidays to no avail. On 12/26/11 Waterville Attorney John Nale and others announced they were offering a $30,000 reward for information leading to the whereabouts of Ayla. No one stepped up to claim the money. When I heard the news about the reward money I thought for sure, this is it. Someone is going to betray the code of silence and come forward. This is finally going to be over. It wasn't and it still isn't two months later.

Trista appeared on the Today Show on the 29th of December and begged Justin to just talk to her. She was asked if she thought he was involved and she was ambivalent. Part of her said yes, part of her said no. She also made the statement that he was the last person to see her daughter alive. That one little word "alive" sparked another internet firestorm with people speculating that maybe Trista knew more than she was saying, "Why did she say the last person to see her daughter alive?" "Did the police tell her something they didn't release to the public?" and on it went. Justin still wasn't talking.


On January 3rd, Justin FINALLY did his first interview. He claimed he would never hurt his daughter and he doesn't know what happened to her. Nobody bought his story. Peter Hyatt owns a blog called Statement Analysis and based on his training in Statement Analysis, he feels Justin was deceptive in his statement. The blog is extremely informative and if you haven't read it, I would recommend checking it out. Although all of the readers on there seem to think I am Angela Harry and when I try to post a response to one of their nasty comments about me, my comments get deleted. On January 7th, the only other member of the DiPietro family to talk, Phoebe, gave her interview. She first insinuated that she was home the night Ayla disappeared and that it was a "normal" night. She heard nothing while she slept that night, wasn't the last one to go to bed, and didn't know if the windows or doors were unlocked. She later admitted that she wasn't home the night Ayla went missing. I stated my theory regarding Phoebe's claims in an earlier post. I believe she was telling the truth on both accounts. I think Phoebe was home the night something really happened to Ayla and it was a normal night except for the fact that something awful happened to Ayla and she probably wasn't home the night Justin and Courtney concocted the abduction story. Either way, home or not, in my opinion, she knows exactly what happened to Ayla and is protecting her son instead of helping her granddaughter. Phoebe's story was probably the most damaging to Justin's innocence claim, until of course, the whole polygraph debacle and the evidence of Ayla's blood was released.

The next big development in the case came on 1/13/12 and was Justin's admission that he "smoked" the polygraph test although he claims he was not given the results. Police immediately responded to his claim saying that Justin was given the results and they didn't know why he was saying otherwise. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why someone would lie about getting the results. If he had passed, Justin would have been shouting it from the rooftops to rub it in the faces of naysayers everywhere. Justin did call one of his formeer roommates in Portland and told them that he failed the test miserably. I can understand a parent under extreme duress failing a polygraph test because of nerves and being so distraught. If Justin had come forward and said I took a polygraph test and I failed because I was so upset about my daughter and would like to take another one if possible. What I can't understand is if you are so innocent why are you lying about "smoking" a polygraph test and if you are so innocent why do you sound so smug about it?  Trista Reynolds took her polygraph test 5 days later and immediately announced that she was unable to complete it at the time due to a medical condition, that left everyone wondering what medical condition? Police were satisfied with the results of the incomplete test and in my opinion have cleared Trista from being a suspect in the disappearance of her daughter.

1/21/12-Angela Harry started her webpage http://www.thislittlelightofmaine.com/ and claimed that she was giving Justin's version of what happened that night. She claimed to have been in contact with him continuously throughout the investigation. It was later revealed that Justin was a friend of a cousin and she hadn't seen him since they were 8 years old. I lost track trying to stay on top of the things she was claiming. The supposed version of events has been removed after it was changed numerous times once people pointed out the inconsistencies. Angela Harry made such a point of mentioning the baby gate that many believe, including myself, that the truth to what happened that night lies with that baby gate. Was it not up or not up correctly and Ayla fell down the basement stairs and died? Is that why the blood was found in the basement, because she had fallen and split her head open? If that is the case, why not call 911? Why cover up an accident? Whoever knows the answer to these questions aren't talking and until they do we all are going to continue to speculate.

As if Angela Harry wasn't crazy enough, enter Bob Vear into the picture. Claiming to be a friend of Lance's, Justin's Brother, and organzing a vigil for Ayla, at first glance seems like a nice guy just trying to help out. Then come the cryptic messages and the plea for his friend to fess up and that the gig is over, tell the police what you know and if that wasn't weird enough, he then confesses to being a pedophile and tried to contact his victim through facebook while the world watches! Many are convinced Bob Vear had something to do with the disappearance of Ayla. I think he is strange and quite possibly certifiably crazy, but I do not think he was involved with the disappearance. He may have possibly helped dispose of the body or he might have been a shoulder to cry on, so to speak, for Lance but I can't wrap my mind around why all those in the house would cover for Bob Vear if he hurt Ayla. Someone speculated she was payment for a drug debt owed to Vear and that is why everyone is keeping quiet but that theory doesn't make sense, if Bob Vear hurt Ayla and the DiPietro's told the police, Bob Vear would be in prison and no one would have to pay him back the money.

I know I have still not gotten to the blood and everyone is waiting for it but this post is long and if I started in on the blood now, I am afraid I could be writting all night. Hopefully this is enough food for thought for now and I appreciate all of the support.

*I went in an edited this post today because there were a few typos I had missed last night. I also added to the part about Peter Hyatt's blog Statement Analysis, he probably won't be happy that I mentioned it here since apparently I am not very popular over there. A lot of his readers still think I am Angela Harry and a Justin supporter which means they obviously have not read this blog in it's entirety. I have tried to defend myself and answered some of the comments on there but my comments keep getting deleted. Hmmmm. Oh well, just another case of people only reading what they want to read and that is another reason I started this blog. I was sick of the internet bullies who try to silence you if you don't agree with their ideas. I was hoping to avoid them here but apparently they are everywhere.

**I also wanted to add that I just realized that some comments were going straight to spam and that is why I did not get email confirmation of them and they were not posted. I did not delete comments except for one that was nasty but the person reposted and it was not as rude so it was allowed to stay. I will not delete comments unless it is extremely rude and vulgar, everyone has a right to their opinion even if I do not agree with it. I just ask that people refrain from personal attacks and vulgarity. I will delete posts if I have to.




29 comments:

  1. Here is the one problem I still have with the accident theory....if it was truly an accident, why the cover up? The only person who would have any implication in this would be Justin. He would have to answer a lot of questions but in the end accidents happen all the time where people die. Why bring everyone else in the house...your sister who has her own life and a child of her own, and your mom, and possibly your girlfriend who also has a child down with you? And why would they all agree to that? That means they are putting Justin before their own children...that doesn't rhyme.
    Also, I do believe Justin was emotionally incapable as he claims early on. I do believe his pain is real. He did unintentionally bring a child into this world and then possibly unintentionally killed her. No matter what, unless you are truly a psychopath, that would affect you on an emotional level. I believe they all feel pain about this, but again, why all the lying, secrets, and cover up about a sincere accident? there has to be more to this theory.
    But not out on foot searching for your daughter in the first weeks is just speaking volumes, of course we don't know how Justin spends his days, but he did fond time to file to stop paying child support, and to watch his brother kick a family member in the face...right? I'd like a show of hands on how many people who claim their child is their whole world, aren't out there screaming from the rooftops for that baby! Those were my 2 am thoughts...thanks for keeping the blog. I truly hope this is not causing anyone pain. Just trying to be realistic....there is a fifty fifty chance....of course I'd give my left arm to see her face...love you baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep commenting and throwing your ideas out there, until we know the truth that is all any of us can do. Thanks for your nice comments. I appreciate them

      Delete
  2. wow. great post.
    maybe commenters will comment on the info posted instead of attacking the messenger or other commenters and derailing the conversation.
    there is a lot to chew on here and i feel a gathering of nimble minds coming together.
    where is Ayla? that is the first question that must be answered.
    my advise to Phoebe is to take a moment to examine Cindy Anthony's life and ask yourself: "is this where i want to be in five years?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that is my hope that this can be a place for us all to come together and toss around intelligent theories.

      Delete
  3. the accident theory is bs, conjured up after the fact as potential damage control.
    no different than 'Caylee drowned in the pool' and just as unconvincing.
    people call 911 when there is an accident and the body doesn't 'vanish'.
    the broken arm and text messages claiming nervousness that Ayla 'could be' abducted reek of premeditation and cover up in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Recap. Take your time these are good readable summaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to thank you for starting this blog. I, like so many, don't know Ayla at all. However, she has been put on my heart since her story started in mid-December. My family prays every night for her and her family. There are so many sources of information out there, so many random comments and theories, and I really appreciate you condensing all the facts here in this one blog. It makes the case very clear and easy to follow.
    Continued prayers for Ayla and her family...♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! You are doing a great job. Like you the "broken gate" stuck out like a very sore thumb when I read the story. I think we may hear more about a broken gate in the future. In all the clarifying of the clarifications the broken gate still remained. I think LE may have found either a broken gate or a damaged wall where a broken gate had been. Angela became the PR person to explain to LE and the world how the gate got broken. Then again, there may have been no gate at all, and it was simply a distraction to confuse everyone. The Dipietro groupies work hard at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we definitely will hear more about "baby-gate" in the future, I think it is a key piece to what really happened to Ayla. Thank you to everyone for the nice, encouraging comments. They definitely are a sight for sore eyes after reading some of the negative ones posted on other sites and here.

      Delete
  7. @Nimbus, you are most likely right, the accident has to be BS. I'm completely rethinking my own statements. :) Anyway, if Justin had texted Trista once, possibly twice, that he was "worried someone is going to take Ayla," then why do you put her to bed upstairs, alone, steps away from the front door that you may or may not have locked? Just another contradiction. I'm sorry Justin, the list is getting longer and looking worse for you. I would beg you to answer just a few major questions...the blood? who cleaned it up? What was the insurance policy for and how much? Where are you in these desperate days that Ayla needs you most if she is your world?? Who did you think was going to take her? And why do you despise Trista so much? Is this all simply about money?
    There isn't much info from Courtney right? Did she even get interviewed by LE? I am assuming at the very least once?
    If the Grandmother wasn't blatantly lying, and secretly gone all night, I would actually theorize a story involving Courtney alone on this one, she could have easily unlocked the door, let someone know where Ayla's room was, and collected money- but the blood and the Grandmother part don't fit into that one.
    I will say, I have driven by a house similar in size to their home on Violette Ave., it's really tiny...and I don't think it would be hard, if the door was unlocked, that someone get in and out! I really think if I was to try it, I could do it and hardly make a peep! That is probably the only possibility Justin has going for him right now. I keep making up reasons for him to be innocent in this don't I? I think it must be my need to keep Ayla alive and believe that he didn't look at that priceless face and do the most disgusting thing in the world...and for a few thousand dollars...what are we missing?
    For Justin to collect life insurance on Ayla there would have to be a body...that is also not explained. I am just having such a hard time believing 4 people were so willing and eager to kill a innocent child, (of their own blood I might add!!!) and in cold blood for $25K????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why ask what the insurance policy was for and for how much,then you clearly answered that question later in your paragraph with your very last statement... I am only curious.

      Delete
    2. 25K is speculation, not been confirmed, sorry, I just don't want to assume it was 25 if it was more I would be interested in knowing that. Otherwise, I think a small 25 k policy is reasonable, but definitely not motive for murder. Someone did make a good point that maybe 25k was a lot to That family. Those small details factor in, that's all. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
  8. Informative. Waiting for the next one. So glad you decided to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The more I think about it the more I wonder where exactly the life insurance policy fits in to this whole situation. Could it be that the life insurance policy has nothing to do with this case? Perhaps Justin was actually doing something legitimate to take care of his daughter? Some people have questioned where he might get the money to pay for an insurance policy, but I know that I only pay a little over $10 per month for my own policy so it's not that expensive. Probably less for a not quite 2 year old. Just a thought... In no way am I saying that all other fingers point to some foul play as far as Justin is concerned. It's just that the life insurance thing just doesn't add up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I promise I will get to the life insurance policy soon

      Delete
  10. Thank you for continuing the blog. I came over and checked it out a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised by your clear and intelligent writing. I am a fan of what you are doing-I think this waiting game has people on edge and it is nice to know that people are still interested, involved, and discussing these events.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Sally agree with you. When I took out a policy on myself my insurance agent, also a friend of my husbands, asked me about a small policy on my kids. There are several reasons to do so, and it is incredibly affordable (I do believe around 10$ a month) and just a responsible move to protect your family in case the worst case scenario...a child dies. If Justin went out and did this on his own I would question it more, but if anyone has an insurance salesman as a friend...lol...you will understand it is an easy sell and only based upon responsibility as a parent concerned for their children. This being said, he did take out a policy on himself first, right, not just on Ayla?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OT , there is a short statement about 2 months gone by on www.aylareynolds.com under the "news" heading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting that, I wonder if the it had anything to do with them being unhappy with this blog or if it was just about putting pressure on Justin. I hope it was just about Justin, I really don't want to ruffle Trista's feathers

      Delete
  13. Ahhh... somewhere that I can vent and get all my personal thoughts out. Thank you JusticeforAyla! I have been trying to rack my brain on all the reasons that anyone in the DIPS household would cover for Justin, if they have nothing to do with Ayla's disappearance. 1) Elisha: Come on- she herself has a child.. if she did not have anything to do with Ayla being missing than she herself should be questioning what Justin did to her. At the very least, she would be taking her own daughter away from him... good if something happened to Ayla in that house while she slept, what could happen to her own child while she sleeps? I don't care how close I am to my brother, how much I wanted to believe that my own bother would hurt his own child,, but I would have my doubts.. And if I knew that he hurt his child.. I would pack up my child and get the hell out of there. There is no way that I would lie to the police and take the chance of the State taken my child because of it. Therefore, I cannot help but think that she is involved.. I do not know how, but she is involved somehow. 2) Courtney, she was in the basement with Justin.. if anything happened to Ayla in that basement she knows, and there is a chance her son was right there watching. What kind of mother is not RUNNING to the police and seeking couseling for her son. Can you imagine the thoughts going through that little boys mind. Also, same as with Elisha, why is she still around, why does she still allow Justin to be around her child. If he did see what happened he has to be scared of Justin. Therefore, I believe that Courtney is involved, even more so than Elisha. 3) Justin: I cannot comprehend that someone else hurt Ayla and Justin is covering for them. This is his flesh and blood. If Courtney accidently hurt Ayla, or if Ayla got up and went to Elisha and Elisha did something.. do you think that Justin would cover for them? I do not think so. therefor, Justin is involved. 4) Phoebe: She is the only one that I can (barely) see put her children ahead of her grand child. I can see her covering for Elisha and Justin, but not Courtney. I would through Courtney under the bus to save my own children. I believe that she knows what happened, but that she thinks that she is helping Justin and Elisha by lying. I believe that she was in the house that night, why not tell people the name of the person you were with if not. (even if it was a married man.) If I was a reporter, I would be following her everywhere to see if there really is a "mystery man" or not. (It would not be a girl friend or a family member, because why hide their name from the press? Why not say, "I was at my sisters?")If she is not spending nights with a mystery man now, then there was not one from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I think Courtney played a huge role in this and the only reason I can think of for Elisha to stay is either out of fear or because she financially is stuck there and since there is no mention of the father of any of the DiPietro's, maybe she has no other family to go to? I have written an open letter to Courtney and to Elisha that I plan on posting in the near future. I am glad you found my bog and hope to see more comments from you.

      Delete
  14. A potential explanation that resonates for me... a fatal accident (such as a fall down the stairs) happened when adults in the house were on drugs and they were afraid of going to jail and of losing the other 2 children to the state. This might have happened a few days before she was reported missing... time to "lay to rest", clean up, and get their "wits" about them. I can think of no other scenario where blood was cleaned up in the basement and all the adults in it would deny knowing anything. It seems if someone did something intentionally all the others wouldn't be able, or willing, to cover for that one person.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well you aren't Angela, that's for sure. Those of us who have followed the case closely know her tone and manner of writing and this isn't it. She's just this side of nuts. For some reason she has gotten it into her head that Justin and his family are as much the victim as Ayla, and how she came to this conclusion is baffling to me. She is hypersensitive to those who are convinced Justin did it, like there really is no good reason to think this. It's absurd, to say the least. This is good, I'm glad you've started this blog, though this isn't my first post here. Anything that brings attention to Ayla's case is a good thing and puts more pressure on everyone who knows what happened. You've got to them credit though, they have hung together much longer than I anticipated under the intensity of both the police and the public. I am torn as to which is more brutal. I think the public because we aren't bound by the Constitution to follow the laws about what we can and cannot say about a person in public. We can say anything we want, well except for poor Justin Linnell who got his faced kicked in for something he said that the DiPietro brothers didn't like. Anyway, this is very good and you are to be commended to for taking your valuable time to do this to help get justice for Ayla.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My only issue is we cannot correct our typos! It's hard to proofread a post when the cat is jumping on the keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely agree with your thoughts on Phoebe and Bob Vear. Thanks for your thoughtful analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ayla is so precious, so gorgeous, it just breaks my heart, I feel so bad for Trista and her family. My heart aches for them !

    Nice post ! I hope the people at statement analysis have figured out that you are not AH..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they have and some have warmed up to me a little bit. Others I think are still feeling that I infringed on their territory. I still read the blog by Peter Hyatt though, his pieces on actual statement analysis are very interesting

      Delete
  19. Keep up the good work! I know that you do not know these people (Elisha, Courtney, Pheobe and Justin)but I also can see that you put a lot of time into your blog. I like how you went to DHHS to get more information. If you wanted to put your investigative skills to work and had the time, I'd like to see a section on each of the adults in the home. Where they went to school, if they were in trouble or not, if they get jealious or "fed up" easy, were they well liked, or were they outcasts. Do they have a temper. I have no idea how to get that information, or if anyone would talk to you if you started asking questions.. Unlike so many other people, I am not sold on Justin being the one that hurt Ayla, if indeed she was hurt. Pheobe and Elisha have their own lawyer and if they were the ones that had to take care of Ayla while Justin seemed to be partying in Portland.. could they get "fed up"? I have only heard good about Elisha from people that knew her "in school" (in other peoples comments, etc.) but has anything happened in the last few years that would change her personality?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for writing this. Here's my two cents. I do not for one second believe that the day Justin reported Ayla missing, she was kidnapped, he and everyone in that house know what happened to her, and they are all cocky and sly enough to get away with it. So they think. The DiPietro family is not that smart. I do not understand looking that Aylas picture for one second, how anyone could hurt someone so innocent. The bubble that Justin and his family are in now, will soon burst, you wait and see. Courtneys sister Brittney was arrested on federal drug charges, and I can guarantee that she knows something about what happened to Ayla. On the LI thing. It's perfectly normal for parents to get life insurance on their child, it is NOT normal for that child to go missing shortly after. There is just too much info on this case that doesn't add up, and Justin and his family will be found out, and when they are, I hope the price they pay was worth it.

    ReplyDelete